March 18, 2009

Spring Break

It has been forever since we have been to Tucson, so we decided to do some things around there. Brian and I met in Tuscon. He graduated from the U of A. Driving through the city brought back a lot of memories. Brian had to find our favorite place to eat, Fromino's. Luckily it was still there. It was as good as we remember.
I went to Tucson quite often as a child. My grandparents both lived there, and I would visit every summer. I also spent a lot of time with my cousins. It was nice having someone my age to play with when I was there. I miss Tucson. I miss Eegees. No I did not bring a party pack back this time. It would be to much of a temptation.I always let the kids do a few things that they would not be able to do at home. Stay up late. Eat junk before dinner. Their favorite thing to do at the hotel is jump on the beds. I figure, the beds are a lot more sturdy than the ones we have at home. They love jumping from bed to bed.
We took the kids to the Reid Park Zoo. Its a lot smaller than the Phoenix zoo. That's what I like about it. The kids are not totally exhausted by the end of the day. The animals are a lot closer and you can actually see them.
Breanna loved to bears.
Brynlee's favorite was the elephants. One of them walked over to her when she walk up to the fence.
Next stop was the Pima Air Museum. I think this was more for Brian than the kids. Although, the kids really did love the museum. Their favorite part was walking through all the planes.
This is the Curtiss O-52 Owl.
This is the worlds smallest jet plane. We had to take a picture with our smallest. Breanna loved that she was taller than it. This is the engine of the SR-71. The plane was huge.
Bell AH-S1 Cobra
Martin PBA-5A Mariner
Brian's favorite. The B-52 bombers. I tried to show how many bombs it dropped in the picture. They kept going to the end of the plane.
B-377 SG Super Guppie
This plane carried space vehicle components.
Sky Crane
Air Force One
Brycen's favorite was the flight trainer.
Next, on to the Titan II Missile Museum.
Also more for Brian than the kids.
It was hilarious watching Brian walk through the missile site. He had to duck in most places.
This was the command center for the missile. It looked more like we were on the set of a bad 50's movie.
Brynlee in the command chair.
The walls were four feet thick. In some places they were up to eight feet thick. Brycen pointed out that they were as thick as the temple.

No comments:

Post a Comment